So 2017 is coming to an end. It has been a good year and I have definitely made progress toward becoming less of a Type A personality. I would not say the road has been smooth, without detours, nor have we reached the Nirvana destination. I will reserve my next steps in the New year post for 2018. Today I want to say Happy New year and thanks to those who have read about my journey and whose journeys I have enjoyed following.
In closing I will hit a few highlights from this year.
- Today is day 405 of consecutive meditation. I can say I don’t think I have ever done anything that has been as personally life changing. It is now an indelible part of my life.
- Cultivating a gratitude attitude. There have been ups and downs. I write this right now and I am waiting for the third day for my landlord to fix our backed up sewer I am finding it a struggle to focus on gratitude. I know that I have a home during the polar vortex. I have heat and I have someone to celebrate the new year with. My hubby, myself and our kitties are healthy. In general my husband and I have embraced starting our meals with three things we are grateful for. So I am better at being able to find those things even if it does not completely stop my frustration. I suspect hubby and I will continue this.
- I found my way back to vegetarianism very organically which I did not expect. When you start recognizing and acting from your priorities things seem to more naturally align.
- I have cleared out some physical clutter, but still my husband and I added some purchases to our lives and homes. I am still not entirely sure where that line is for me. It is ever a work in progress. I do find myself asking more questions about whether we really need something.
- Lastly, I finally actually really pulled the trigger on volunteering outside my career field. It has been really rewarding. I find it has given me much more than I have given.
Tomorrow will be a day to focus on this year’s shortcomings and how to improve. For today Happy New Year! I hope you are looking back at the progress you made with a peaceful and happy heart.