Lorraine at Minimal Lol nominated me for this award and I am really appreciative. I love her blog and it inspired me to reexamine my relationship to clothes and how they make me feel. You should check it out for some inspiration to reevaluate the way you appear to the world and yourself.
Okoto Enigma created this award to recognize brilliant, inspirational and sometimes lesser known blogs. She called it the Mystery Blogger Award, as a play on the name of her blog ‘Enigma’. Click here to find out more about it.
Rules of Award:
- Put the award logo/image on your blog
- List the rules
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link to their blog
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
- Nominate 10-20 people
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice, with one weird/funny question!
- Share a link to your best post
Lol’s Questions for me
- Where are you from? Originally I am from the Northeastern US I moved a lot when I was a kid: Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New Hampshire, Massachuset and then Georgia. I have lived in Georgia off and on most of my life and consistently for the last 24 years. I guess I am officially southern by now.
- What is the best thing about blogging, for you? I love writing and this is a good way to write about things I care about and kind of just for myself. It is a benefit if anyone else gets something out of it. I also work through things and use it to evaluate where I am.
- What book/film speaks to you most? This is hard I love reading and I love movies so it is really difficult. I will kick it old school with To Kill a Mockingbird. That was the first time i realized that you could change the world by writing about a truth no one wanted to confront.
- Where would you most like to visit? My husband and I have so many places we want to visit. I am going with Italy. We both love food and Italy is our vision of the perfect foodie adventure. I can just imagine running along the canals of Venice or a the Piazza’s of Rome.
- Do you have a nickname?! Okay so I would not say I have one now but growing up my nickname was Spud. That is not at all embarrassing.
Based on the number of views and comments, I think my best post is the one where I write about something inspired by Minmal Lol, ironically.
3 things about me:
- My full name is Kathleen I am named after my father’s favorite Irish Folk Song Take Me Home Again Kathleen.
- I have 5 cats and for most of my life preferred the company of animals to people.
- I was a theatre major who now works in the sciences but I use my training in the field everyday and I still love art and theatre. Makes me more well-rounded.
My 10 Nominees are:
- Minimalist Princess
- Midlands Minimalist
- Legally Minimalist
- Clawing My Way to Enlightenment
- Modern Sustainability
- Amused and Bemused
- The Life Monk
- The Way of Consciousness
- Passports and Paintbrushes
My 5 questions are:
- What are you most passionate about?
- What was the best day of your life to date?
- If failure did not matter what would you do today?
- What is the one thing you would go back and do differently?
- What is your spirit animal?!
Thanks to Lorraine and to all of you who joined in and to the brilliant Onyx-Natasha who created this– I look forward to reading all your responses 🙂